Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blood Drive March 11, 2011

This is a note I wrote to facebook a while ago :) I just want to get some stuff on my blog.

  • So, I signed in to give blood at 8:45 am. I wanted to do it at this time so I could get out of my second hour. I planned on being done by 3rd hour. Anyways, I showed the man my APOS blood card and he told me I could sit down.

  • I sat in a chair for about 5 minutes.

  • I went to a little table where I filled in a bunch of bubbles.

  • A lady came up to me and started asking me questions like "what did you eat for breakfast?" and "have you caught any diseases from Africa?"

  • Then.... Then she told me she had to prick my finger... Last time I gave blood I cried when the lady told me. I just had to look away... so I am proud of myself :)

  • She pricked it and it HURT!!!

  • She told me to go to a table and drink a full bottle of water (this was the worst part). I had been drinking water all morning so I would be healthy to give blood. My body did not want any more water. I think I was literally filled up. It took me like a half hour to drink a bottle of water... yeah. I thought I was going to throw up. I was about to put my head in between my legs... not even kidding.

  • But, I got to go lay down on the tables where they draw the blood.

  • I layed on the table and this guy tied a rubber band thing around my arm and it hurt. He made me flip over because my other arm has better viens.

  • He and the other blood drawer person thought it was funny to joke around saying they didn't know what they were doing... I didn't find it very amusing....

  • He put yellow stuff on my arm and every time he came up to me I thought he was going to put the needle in so I freaked out ( My body was literally spazzing out... not like crazy though.)

  • I had my eyes closed from the second I layed on the table... As soon as he stuck the needle in I breathed a huge sigh of relief which he found kind of weird.

  • He told me I had to could to 5 like 1...2...3...4...5... and then squeeze the squeezy thing. I was a little shaky still so my counting was like 1.2.3.4.5. squeeeze... I got it done faster though ;D

  • I finished after about 5 minutes and the whole time the guy kept singing about how close I was getting to being done.

  • After the 5 minutes he took the needle out not very gently... It was wiggling and it didn't feel so great.

  • I stood up and felt a little dizzy.

  • I sat at the table and ate some food and they made me drink juice ( which after all the water I DEFINATELY didnt want.)

  • After about 10 minutes they told me I could sign out... so I did... then they asked me how I felt... I said "good, I'm just a little dizzy." (WARNING: DON'T EVER SAY THAT)

  • I had to go lay down on a bed for like 10 minutes... only to get up to go to the bathroom ( I had to go so bad after all the liquid.) The lady had to come with me and hold the stall closed which was AWKWARD!!!

  • When I came back I had to drink a can of pop ( the last thing I wanted after all the liquid)

  • It took me probably another 15 minutes just to get half way through with the pop. Then I had to eat trail mix.

  • It was worth it though :)

  • It could save someones life :)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment