Sunday, September 18, 2011

Middle schoolers :)

I love middle schoolers! They are so ridiculous all the time...
When I see the middle schoolers I look back about 5 or 6 years and ask myself "was I ever this ridiculous?"


I helped with the middle school share N care on Sunday night. For those of you who don't know what that is; it's basically just a time to hang out and sing songs and play games. I'm just going to share some of the rediculousness of middle schoolers and remember when I was a middle schooler... which is kind of a scary thought.

While we were eating pizza the girls started making fun of one of the boys because a girl at camp had a crush on him and was apparently "instantly in love" with him. Later, one of the girls gave me some details about what went on in the girls cabin and said "everytime someone started talking about anything, it would some how turn into a conversation about boys." I laughed and told her that it was the same when I was in middle school.
She then asked "does it get better in high school?"
I told her that most people mature but there are still high schoolers that can't stop talking about boys.

I look back at middle school and think that it was so crazy for me and my friends to be "in love" with these immature middle school boys. I honestly don't remember liking anyone in middle school but that may just be because I would rather forget those awkward years ;)

Another one of the middle schoolers was running around rapping F-A-N-A-T-I-C... FANATIC and I really just wanted to ask him if he even knew the definition of the word, but I refrained.

Now I will tell you about some things I remember from middle school... (warning, major immaturity):

I was pretty shy when I was in middle school but when I was with my friends, I was obnoxious. I remember one year at camp me and my friends decided that it was cool to eat the candy from the snack shack off the dirt and lick trees... Yeah, I wish I was kidding. We did this the whole week and thought we were the coolest people in the world.

Sleep overs absolutely had to have truth or dare played at some point or the whole night was a failure.

If you talked to a boy it meant that you were in love with him, and even if you weren't, your friends would somehow convince you that "you are meant to be together." ... yeah, 2 middle schoolers dating... Ooh, you gonna go sit at the lunch table together? Seriously!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment